Thursday, March 10, 2011

In My Inbox

My inbox is full....constantly.  I try to go through it daily...well at least weekly, but it seems the more I delete, the more I recieve.  It's my fault of course.  I am an internet packrat.  Not only is my inbox full, but my favorites folders are full too.  I stumble upon a site and bookmark it thinking I will get back to it, which of course I never do. I belong to numerous newletters, blogs, forums and communities, hence, the mountain of email.  I could group delete, but heaven forbid I should miss out on something great; A new craft project, a wonderful recipe, a can't do without freebie, so I  instead I hord like a squirrel saving nuts for the winter. On the up side of it all, it gave me a new idea for this blog.  In My Inbox is born today.  I thought maybe someone out there in web land would enjoy a peek inside my world wide inbox.  So,  from here on out Thursday's post will now be known as...In My Inbox.  No rhyme or reason to these posts.  You never know what you're going to find here.  Some great recipes, interesting tips, daily quotes, that cute forward from cousin Sylvia. Just whatever strikes my fancy and hopefully......yours.

10 Things My Father was right about: http://tinyurl.com/4nbck33
Daily Thought:  “If there’s no struggle, there’s no progress.”
― Rachel Robinson

30 Day Clutter Challenge: http://momadvice.com/blog/2011/03/30-day-cut-the-clutter-challenge

Tip of the Day:
 
Repurpose Silicone Pot Holders for Hair Irons
My flat hair iron it too hot to leave on the counter top while I'm working with it. Although it comes with a heavy plastic holder, it's easier to just place it on a silicone hot pad.

I'd originally purchased these for use when baking, but found they radiated too much heat to my hands. As a trivet, same situation, but as a hot hair straightener holder, they work just fine.

Source: I got this idea from Ulta which was advertising the latest Chi with a quilted hot pad.
By cookwie from Dallas, TX

Kiddie Fun:  Make a special keepsake box with your little ones http://family.go.com/entertainment/pkg-possibility-shop/

For those that like to cook ahead: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/special-recipe-collections/top-20-freezable-recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment