Monday, March 14, 2011

Make it Monday: Make a Coupon Organizer for a dollar


As promised in Saturday's  Saturdays Saving post, today I am going to show you how to make a coupon organizer for a dollar. What you need:

1 mini photo album (you can get them at your local Dollar Store for $1.00.  Sometimes Walmart has them for the same price)
Scrap card stock
Double stick tape or tacky glue
white stickers sheets or plain white paper or card stock



If you get the kind of album where the first page has inserts instead of a solid cover, you can slide them out and add your own picture, like I did on mine.  I would much prefer to look at my two beautiful babies on the front cover than some flowers.  This is a great place to keep your shopping list and cash. 






Next make your tabs.  Feel free to print out and use the tab template I provided or make your own.



Trace tab template on the back of the card stock and cut out.



Tape or glue to the tab to the top of first plastic photo page. 

The go on to the next page, spacing it so that you can see the next tab (think a recipe card divider pattern). 

Repeat with the next page.

 Once your tab is as far down on the pages as you can go, on your next page, start back at the top. Repeat the pattern through out the book.


Now, it's time to make your categories. Here the ones I use:

Coupons For Today, Pet Foods, Canned Foods, Sauces, Condiments, Detergent/Cleaning, Frozen Foods,
Dairy, Cookies/ Dry Snacks, Medicine, Baby Food, Toiletries, Housekeeping, Meat, Cosmetics, Desserts
Beverages, Pasta/Rice, Pet Food, Deli, Pasta Rice, Cooking Supplies.  Print or hand write them ( make sure you write small enough to fit your category label on your tab) on your sticker sheet or plain white cardstock or paper.


Cut them out and stick or glue them to the front of your tabs. 





Now organize your coupons and just slide them into your pages through the opening. 



Before I go shopping I check my list against my coupons and the ones I am going to use I will slip into my Coupons for Today page, so that they all ready to go when I get to the checkout.  I hope this helps you down your frugal path....and that you had fun making your Coupon Organizer for $1.00.  Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment