Monday, March 7, 2011

Make It Monday! Magnetic Post It Holder



My life depends on post it notes...literally.  You have to understand I have the attention span of a knat.  If I don't write things down as soon as I think of them...swoosh...it's gone.  Post it notes, help me keep it all going.  I have them stuck every where, the kitchen, bed room,  by the puter.  I've even been known to have one or two attached to the bathroom mirror.  I've made a bunch of these little post it holders for myself, family, friends.  They're handy and pretty darn cute.  So, here you go...

Supplies:

4x4 chipboard square coaster blank ( or you can use a 4x4 square of heavy cardboard)
1 piece of patterned scrapbook paper
double stick tape
1 clip
1 post it pad
tacky glue
magnet




Lay your chipboard blank on to the plain side of your patterned paper.  Trace around and cut out.  Cover your chipboard with double stick tape. 




Carefully line up your patterened paper piece as evenly as you can and press so that your pattern paper covers your chipboard.



To cover your clip, cut out a piece of pattern paper 1 inch x 1 1/2 inches. 





Cover all 3 sides of your clip with double stick tape.  Carefully, line one edge of your paper to the bottom edge of your clip. Press firmly.  Keep pressing firmly fitting the paper around the top of the clip snuggly.  Lastly, wrap the final side of the clip and press.  Trim if necessary.



Flip your chipboard over to the plain side and glue a magnet.  Wait until glue dries completely before using. 



Place your clip at the top, center of your board, open and slip a post it pad underneath.  Now, you are prepared if you suddenly develop swiss cheese brain syndrome; a condition I've suffered from for years. Don't worry, it's not fatal...just sad.  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment